The Top Ten Reasons to Go Green (Vegetables, that is)
- They are high in fiber and rich in minerals.
- They are a good source of calcium.
- They go great with any meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- They can be sautéed, steamed or blanched.
- They can be cooked in grain and pasta dishes.
- Some of them can be cooked with their roots, very dynamic!
- They can be sautéed and added to beans dishes.
- You can roll them up and smoke them (don’t worry, just kidding!)
- They can be used in salads.
- They can be grown in a backyard garden or on your back porch.
Here is a list of my favorite greens that also just happen to be the most beneficial for your health.
Baby bok choy
Daikon radish greens
Kale, such as Lacinto, Red Russian, Green Curly
Lettuce greens, such as Iceberg, Romaine, Red Leaf, and Bibb
Mizuna (a kind of green that can often be found in an Asian market)
Red radish greens
I wish you all good health and good luck! Also, érinn go brách!